The MULTI-STR3AM project was initiated by the need to switch to sustainable ways of producing food, feed and raw materials. Microalgae have enormous biosynthetic potential and are a rich source of lipids, proteins and high-value compounds. Project focuses on the potential to increase production technologically and biologically while reducing costs, providing valuable products for large end-users in the food, feed and fragrance industries. The project reduces costs, increases cultivation scale and sustainability through:
- Improving suitable microalgae strains using NON GMO techniques.
- Reducing CAPEX and OPEX through design and engineering of cultivation technology.
- Utilization of by-products in the spirit of circular economy.
- Valorisation of all biomass by a zero-waste approach.
|Start of the project:
||01. 05. 2020
|End of the project:
||30. 04. 2025
||€ 9 179 688
- A4F Algafuel SA (PT) - CONSORTIUM COORDINATOR
- MIKROBIOLOGICKY USTAV AV CR V.V.I (CZ)
- FORFARMERS CORPORATE SERVICES BV (NL)
- INSTITUTO DE BIOLOGIA EXPERIMENTAL E TECNOLOGICA (PT)
- INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS & FRAGRANCES IFF (NEDERLAND) BV (NL)
- INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS & FRAGRANCES INC. (USA)
- NUTRAFUR SA (ES)
- IFF BENICARLO SL (ES)
- Laboratorio Nacional de Energia e Geologia I.P. (PT)
- PHYCOM BV (NL)
- UPFIELD RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT BV (NL)